So you want to add a recaptcha to your MVC project, and don't know where to start. Don't worry, I was there a couple of months ago, having never used a captcha before. The good news is that it's very easy to do.
- First, go and sign up for ReCaptcha, and download the dll.
- Place the Recaptcha.dll in the lib directory of your solution folder, and add a reference to it in your MVC projec.
- Make two folders in your MVC project - "ActionFilters" and "Helpers"
- Put this file in your Helpers folder - HtmlExtensions.cs.txt (624.00 bytes)
- Put this file in your ActionFilters folder - CaptchaValidatorAttribute.cs.txt (1.18 kb)
Remember that you have to have the [CaptchaValidator] attribute on the action that handles the Post:
[AcceptVerbs( HttpVerbs.Post )]
public ActionResult Contact(FormCollection collection, bool captchaValid)
And finally, in the view where you wish the captcha control to appear:
And that's it! Happy recapcha-ing all your spam.